According to sucuri.net google blacklist about 9,500 to 10,000 websites per day. That sounds like a lot of websites, but when you have 240,000 results for wig boutique in scheme of things, it’s really not that much. In this article we are going to touch on a few subjects. One of them being “what does it mean to be blacklisted”. “What caused your website to be blacklisted?”. Methods to get cleared of the blacklist.
We advise all of our clients that we want their website to be a tool for your business. We don’t want your website to be a pretty object sitting in the internet world with no use. There’s a few reasons behind us encouraging this responsibility from our clients.
- You paid for the website so we want you to get a return on your investment.
- You are more aware of issues that may be wrong with your website.
- You are more vulnerable and increasing your risk of becoming blacklisted.
There are tons and tons of websites that are on Content Management Systems (CMS). If you are using WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc then you are apart of the group of websites that use a CMS. With using one of these systems for your website than you have a great responsibility to keep everything updated and running properly. Your online presence is your responsibility and whether you have a company manage it for you or you manage it yourself you have to make sure your website is not harmful to users. With that being said Google will quickly give you the boot if you do not properly manage your website. Google has a reputation to uphold as well. There are millions might even be billions at this point of users they have to protect and can’t let a carefree website owner be the reason you Google’s reputation is tampered with.
In this article we are going to give you some advice on what to look for when it comes to be blacklisted. Show you the warning signs of your website becoming blacklisted. At the end if this article we want you to well of assured of what it means to be blacklisted. As well know how to take the proper security measures to assure your website safety.
StopBadware are partners with Google to help website owners become aware of how to clean their websites and to prevent future hacks or infections. Wherever there is good there is evil and that means there are tons and tons of bad websites. There are website creators that develop websites for malicious intent. Without proper security securing your websites, those websites can infiltrate your good website.
There are tools that will help you become aware if your website has been hacked. Google Webmaster Tools is definitely a good asset to help manage if there are in vulnerabilities in your website. In Google’s Webmaster tools is a section where is gives understanding on why websites are hacked how to fix the damage to your website. There’s a great deal of information on Malware or spam and how it affects you website.
What does it mean to be blacklisted?
When is comes websites, blacklisting refers to the process of search engines removing a website from their index. When a website is blacklisted it can cause you to lose over 90% of your organic traffic which will definitely effect the revenue of the website.
How to check blacklist status?
A website becomes blacklisted when authorities such as Google, Norton Safe Web, Mcafee Site Advisor and more find quality issues on a website called malware. Maleware may found in the form of phishing, Trojan horses, email and or information scraping. Most of the times when any of the theses events are happening the website owner is unaware. Your website will be shut down to keep users from harming there computers.
How to know if your website is possibly be hacked.
- Website is showing a warning sign when url is searched.
- Your host has shut your website down or notified you that you are infected.
- Website is being blocked from users to access by antivirus programs.
- Programs blocking your website (i.e, McAfee, AVG, Microsoft, etc.)
- Your website is flagged as part of a Phishing Lure campaign.
- Redirecting to a porn site, auto loan site, or some other variation
You can Request a malware review or unwanted software review
Fret not if your site is flagged as containing malware or unwanted software, you can request a malware or unwanted software review.
First get rid of any malware and malicious content on website. Request a review from Google Webmaster Tools. Below will show you how to request a review. Once you’ve performed the steps above, you can request a review.
If you don’t have an account with Webmaster Tools create one here
- Open security issues center. In there it will let you know that google has detected harmful content on some of your webpages. There will be a warning on your website every time a user visits your web page.
- Clear the issues that are listed.
- After you have cleared your issues on your website return back to google webmaster tools.
- Inside the security issues section there’s a button that says “I have fixed these issues check that and click “Request Review”.