Need more traffic to your website, but just don’t have the budget to pay a large firm or anyone else to help you with your website? Well look no further I’m going to give you a few free tips to help you with that problem. The first step to solving this problem is examining your website to make sure that your website is up to date and your not showing a website that is not from the 90’s and flash based. Here are a few things to look for starting with your website.
- Make sure your audience knows what you’re offering as soon as they land on your web page
- Contact information should be very visible. The worst thing is going to a website and searching around for contact information (very annoying).
- Content layout if very important. Making easy to read for your audience and it will increase the time spend on each page.
- Call to action. Your call to action is the most important improvement you can have on your website. Read our last post about “Increasing your Call To Action” It will help better understand what CTA’s are and how to use them.
- Make sure you have a form on your website for people to easily connect with you, such as a contact form or request quote form.
Now that we have our website together and ready to show off lets start marketing the website and driving traffic for free. I know you like the sound of that word.
Social media is going to play huge role in your website traffic. I know you heard that time and time again to use your facebook, twitter, and other social media outlets, but I’m going to teach how to use them. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Pinterest are some of my favorites especially the first 3. First decide what you want to use them for. Are you using them to actually get sales? Do you want brand recognition? In other words do you want people to recognize that you are here and this is what you offer. I’m sure there are a lot of companies that you know there name and what they offer, but at the moment you don’t need there services. Creating a following on those sites are because you might not get a lot of referral traffic from any of the sites, but in turn it lets google know that you are a credible website and not a spam site.
How to use Facebook:
- Create a business page on facebook. I know you probable use your personal page to promote your page, but now it’s time to give your business it’s own page to promote its products
- Invite your friends to like your business page
- encourage your friends to share the page to their network of friends to get more likes
- Ask your customers who have purchased from you to leave reviews and rate your products on your business page. Reviews from actual customers are very great and help with search ranking as well.
- Write engaging post to make people want to comment with a link back to your website.
How to use Twitter:
- Write relatable post that will draw the attention of your audience.
- Use your hashtags. This little thing holds a lot of power #
- While using popular hashtags to for people to find you on social media, create your own hashtag as well.
- You don’t have much writing space on twitter so use pictures to help get your point across and don’t forget that link back to your website.
How to use Instagram:
- Create business page that totally dedicated to the business and what it has to offer.
- On instagram using hashtags is your best friend as well. Some people go a little over board with the hashtags, but they are very useful and like i said before they hold a lot of power if used right.
- Use eye catching pictures, but most importantly have a message with your post.
With that being said we would love your follow on our social media platforms